Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
from cook this, not that
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Mix the three cheeses together. Working on a clean, floured surface, lay down a single wonton wrapper and place a spoonful of the cheese mixture in the center. Paint the edges of the wonton wrapper with egg whites, then top with another wonton wrapper. Press firmly around the edges to secure the filling. Repeat to create 24 ravioli.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the tomatoes and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes until the tomatoes are lightly colored and about to burst. Use a fork to lightly crush a few tomatoes. Add the basil and remove from heat.
- Salt the boiling water and turn to a gentle boil. Carefully drop the ravioli in and cook for three minutes, then drain. Divide among four plates and top each with tomatoes.