Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another,hearty vegetarian meal! 8)
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 ounces cream-style cottage cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly,grease a 1 1/2 qrt casserole.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes-or tender.
- Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine the next 6 ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the potatoes.
- Spoon potatoes into casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese&paprika.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Sorry, I was new and didn't know you were supposed to rate with stars...this deserves 5 stars!
This is amazing, decadent and rich! Who would have thought that cottage cheese would add so much to this dish.....delicious!!!
Not sure whether I'll make this again. My 12-year-old who loves potatoes and cheese and sour cream was not pleased at all with the flavor, and she apparently thought I had made something with cream cheese rather than cottage cheese. I was unaware that cottage cheese is on her "banned" list.
It was an easy dish to make and paired well with a meatloaf. My husband and I enjoyed it a bit more than the kids. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I may work it into circulation again when tastebuds have matured a bit more in our house. :)