Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This bread is made with Habanero cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack can be used. The cream cheese gives the bread a nice texture. But it's not really all that hot, just a hint of heat! This is great for Spinach dip. Any left over bread be great for grilled cheese, monte cristo's, or a savory bread pudding!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Added at Beep
- 1 cup habanero pepper cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, small diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- chili pepper flakes
- parmesan-romano cheese mix, grated
- Place wet ingredients in bread machine cover with flour.
- In one corner place salt the other sugar and then the yeast in an other.
- Set to dough cycle. Add the cheese and chives at beep cycle.
- On a flour surface punch down dough and form into a mound.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with pepper flakes and grated cheese. Score top and cover with oiled plastic wrap. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 30 minutes.