Recipe by MSZANZ
Years ago my grandmother ordered me these recipe cards in the mail that you file in a box that the company provides. I didn't much care for the recipes so we ended the subscription. There was one gem in the bunch, though. It remains a family favorite! (I don't remember the name of the company) I have adjusted the cooking times several times based on different ovens (military, moving, rental houses, unreliable ovens!) so you may need to watch it and cook it more or less based on your oven. It is not a very traditional recipe but it is quick with little mess! You can also make it ahead and just cook it when you are ready.
Top Review by Chef Debra #2
Followed recipe with the exception of adding 8oz. Ricotta to loosen up the filling and it was superb! My family loved it and it now goes on my go to dinner list... The cream cheese makes this recipe VERY special!!
- 12 manicotti
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shells according to the package directions.
- Rinse well in cool water and dry.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the cream cheese and 3 cups of Mozzeralla cheese.
- Stuff shells with cream cheese mixture (I use my hands to roll a"snake" of mix and slide it right in the manicotti tube.) Put a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 13 by 9 baking dish.
- Place manicotti in dish and cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of Mozzarella over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 375.
- Uncover, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and bake for 15 minutes more.