1/2 Photos of 3-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
From Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml salt, plus more for pasta water
- 453.59 g large elbow macaroni
- 88.74 ml butter
- 88.74 ml all-purpose flour
- 709.77 ml milk
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 14.79 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 453.59 g white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 113.39 g romano cheese, shredded
- 113.39 g asiago cheese, shredded
- 473.18 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In large pot filled with water add 3 pinches of salt and the macaroni and place over high heat. Bring to a boil and let cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan, melt butter. Sprinkle flour over butter and cook 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat, whisking until a roux or paste forms. Add cold milk and whisk vigorously until dissolved. Cook sauce on medium-low heat until thick and bubbly. Add heavy cream, all cheeses, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 tablespoon pepper. Cook until cheeses are fully melted, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add cooked macaroni to cheese mixture and mix thoroughly. Place macaroni mixture in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and top with bread crumbs. Place in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
- 5For variations, add cooked lobster meat, truffle oil, bacon and/or garden fresh vegetables.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1150.0
- Calories from Fat 576
- Total Fat 64.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.1 g
- Cholesterol 201.1 mg
- Sodium 2305.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: