Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When I made this for the first time I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. The only reason why I even tried to made this mac n' cheese was because I had just watch 30 minute meals on the food network and saw Racheal Ray making mac n' cheese and decided that I wanted to make it too. It turned out great though, and I hope that you will try it. Enjoy!
- 1 lb your favorite pasta, boiled to al dente, and drained but not rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus 1/2 cup for top of mac n' cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- Read all directions before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350F, and grease and cake pan.
- In a medium saucepan butter or margarine in oil.
- Add flour and cook for about 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt, pepper, evaporated milk, and regular milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in cheese and remove from heat.
- Stir in pasta.
- Pour into greased cake pan and top with 1/2 cup sharp cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Optional: Turn on broiler and brown the top of the cheese.