Recipe by FusionCat
I like everything in my lasagna, but there's gotta be 3 cheeses and meat to make it proper. It's even better if you add a little cheddar, feta, and gouda, of course the gouda's just getting excessive...
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a very tasty lasagna, quick and easy to make. It was made just the way we like it, with alot of cheeses. I followed your instructions and ingredients, only omitting the brocolli. I did use some bococinni as an extra treat. We like our lasagna well done so I cooked it for 45 minutes. The lasagna was perfectly cooked and spiced, it was a joy to eat. Thank you so much for sharing.
- 9 large lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 dashes oregano
- 2 dashes basil
- 1 dash thyme
- 15 peppercorns
- 1 green pepper
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 whole zucchini (optional)
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 (26 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 300 g mozzarella cheese
- 75 g parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the garlic.
- Grind the garlic, peppercorns, salt, thyme, basil, and oregano together with a mortar and pestle.
- Start frying these ground ingredients in a large frying pan with a little oil. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add the ground beef.
- Now boil some water. Add the lasagna noodles.
- Chop the mushrooms, onions, and any vegetables up. Add to the frying meat.
- When the beef is fully cooked, Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Continue cooking until the vegetables are cooked.
- When the lasagne noodles are cooked, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grate the mozzarella, crumble the ricotta and parmesan, and mix the 3 cheeses together.
- In a lasagne pan, layer the ingredients, starting with sauce, then noodles, then cheese.
- Put 3 layers of noodles, and then more sauce on the top, and finally add some more parmesan to the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.