Recipe by Sherrybeth
Another recipe from a local cooking show. I made this and it went together very quickly and has a wonderful combination of flavors. Even the picky kid who doesn't like spinach ate 2 helpings.
Top Review by rpgaymer
This was pretty good, although I would've liked to have put a bit more pasta in this. It seemed like the dish mostly consisted of vegetables and cheese with a few stray pasta pieces floating around within the mixture. Also, as I was eating it I felt like topping the dish with warm marinara sauce would've brought the flavors to a whole new level. Thanks for posting this!
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook mushrooms, onion and bell pepper until tender.
- Add spinach, oregano, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, chicken, spinach mushroom mixture, soup, milk, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour chicken pasta mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.