Recipe by Shawn C
Going off of applebee's dish, decided to try my own version at home. This is made with a jarred alfredo sauce for quick meals, but of course homemade is always better. Feel free to use your favorite alfredo! For really quick meal use the precooked chicken slices you can find in the freezer section at your grocer freezer.
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaf, sliced thin
- 2 roma tomatoes, small diced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon purple onion, very thin sliced (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted garlic alfredo sauce
- 2 ounces provolone cheese (chopped up in little pieces or shredded)
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese (cut into little pieces or shredded)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta (cooked according to box directions)
Directions See How It's Made
- 2T lemon juice, 1 T olive oil and italian seasonings together, pour over chicken and place in a plastic bag or a marinator container. (i use a vacuume sealed container to speed up process) let marinate for 30 minutes to a couple hours.
- start bruscetta mixture too. just mix altogether and cover in the fridge until dinner is ready to serve.
- heat grill and cook chicken on a medium heat until chicken is completely done. start to cook your pasta on stove according to package directions.
- meanwhile heat 2 tsp olive oil over med-high heat in a heavy skillet and cook mushrooms and onions until tender. turn off skillet
- empty jar of alfredo sauce into skillet and add drained cooked pasta.
- chicken is done. slice thick or thin and add to the skillet mix altogether.
- heat contents of skillet up until just about bubbly then add the cheeses and mix well until combined and melted.
- serve in pasta dishes and top with bruscetta mix
- along with some garlic bread or sticks this is a great meal!