Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Wow, Italian comfort food with fontina, parmigiano and provolone cheese. Even my meat & potato loving DS stops dead in his tracks for this! The original recipe from Barrilla omitted any directions for the salt and pepper.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni (Barrilla Plus recommended)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups Fontina cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated (best with real parmigiano)
- 2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta 5 to 6 minutes, drain, place in large bowl and toss with melted butter. (IMPORTANT NOTE: If you use a different type or brand of pasta, cook 2 minutes less than time specified on the box).
- Add half of all cheeses to the pasta.
- Combine eggs, half & half, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add mixture to pasta and mix well.
- Pour half of pasta mixture into baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of remaining cheese.
- Add remaining pasta, and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until bubbling around the edges.
Died and went to cheese heaven!