Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes....
- 10 large potatoes
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup asiago cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- crumbled bacon
- PREHEAT OVEN AT 400F.
- Slice potatoes and put them in water. (I slice them with a slicer because if you cut them by hand, OBVIOUSLY they will be way too thick when you layer them!).
- Melt butter in a LARGE saucepan and add heavy cream, the parsley, garlic powder and onion powder. Bring to a SOFT boil.
- When (soft) boiling, TURN OFF. Add sliced potatoes and let them sit for 10-15 minutes (this is to let it cook a little bit to cut off the oven time!).
- In a BUTTERED lasagna pan, make one thin layer of potatoes. Then add a layer of grated parmesan cheese, mozzerella, asiago and the crumbled bacon, and evenly disburse ONE LADLE of the cream on top of the potatoes. Continue this step until you reach 1 inch from the top of the pan.
- POUR the cream inside the pan, enough to cover the potatoes.
- Top with a little more cheese and COVER, but leave one side OPEN to let the steam vent.
- after 35 minutes, check the potatoes. If they are not soft yet, continue again for 15 more minutes.
- UNCOVER then cook another 15 minutes.
- Let stand and the sauce will thicken.