Recipe by SaraMonster
This chili is delicious, low fat, quick, healthy, and doesn't require any weird health food store ingredients. I made this one day while feeling under the weather and have been making it ever since. This recipe is not very spicy, so feel free to add more heat if you so desire. This is my favorite chili recipe. It tastes great, hot or cold.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium bell peppers, sliced (any combination of green, red, and yellow)
- 1 (6 ounce) container tomato paste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pot on low-med heat, add onions and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook 3-5 more minutes
- Add cumin, paprika, and salt. Add chopped bell peppers and cook until they begin to soften. Add more oil or veggie broth if things begin to stick.
- Add veggie broth and tomato paste, increase heat, mix until tomato paste is incorporated.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir, and bring to boil.
- Adjust seasonings and cover. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 20-30 mins, stirring and adjusting seasons as needed.
- Serve with corn chips, mmmm.