Recipe by the80srule
This came off the side of a Goya can of beans (to give credit where it is due) and I'm thinking about subbing the crushed tomatoes with a 28-oz can of pumpkin. Putting it here for safe-keeping. The topping listed came with the recipe but I prefer just to use some cheese to make chili cheese fries or nachos. I also would like to add extra salt and pepper because tomatoes have a natural sweetness, and most vegetarian chilis are too sweet because the tomatoes and beans make up for the lack of beef.
- 1 (28 ounce) canfire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or 4-cheese mexican)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain all the beans-- but don't rinse/drain the tomatoes.
- Combine tomatoes, salsa, beans, and spices in a large saucepan, mix well.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with the topping, or with your own if you like.