Recipe by mmmazing
I am not a chili person but even I enjoy this version. Don't be frightened by the number of ingredients, they are mostly common seasonings.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage (turkey or pork is fine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, in zesty sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 -8 ounces beer (I used something very hoppy such as Sam Adams Boston Lager)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- corn chips (to garnish)
- cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground turkey and sausage. Drain grease.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the corn chips and cheese. Stir everything together then reduce heat and cover. Simmer over low heat for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After two hours, taste and adjust seasonings. This recipe is not very spicy, if you would like spicier, add more cayenne, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. The longer this chili simmers, the better it tastes.
- Serve with corn chips and cheese.