Recipe by *axxo*
Found this recipe while trying to add more beans to our diet and really found a winner. A thick, hearty soup, served with crusty bread makes a meal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb baby red potato, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, from the heart chopped
- 5 carrots, shredded (2 cups)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cut into 1-inch
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pickle relish
- flat leaf parsley, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil,.
- over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, celery, carrots, onions and bay leaf and cook until softened, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the broth tomato sauce, chickpeas and kidney beans, cover and bring to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 5 minutes. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the relish and turn off the heat. Discard the bay leaf. Top with the parsley.