Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I found this recipe as a copycat to a national chicken franchise's recipe. Even people who don't like beans will LOVE them in this recipe. I don't always use green peppers because some family members refuse to eat them. Recipe is great with or without them. The salad actually starts to taste better the longer it sits in the dressing.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut wax beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium white onion (chopped)
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the veggies being sure to coat all.
- Refrigerate overnight in covered container.
- Serve using a slotted spoon.
I made this for two ladies who I catered for and they absolutely loved it. I followed the recipe exactly. It took about 5 minutes to make. I think it would be perfect for a summer bbq or potluck. I will definitely be making it again. Thanks for posting!
This was so good. I made it just as described.
I made this for our church dinner tomorrow. It was easy to put together and already taste great! I use 1/2 splenda and 1/2 sugar, doubled it all but use slightly less with the sugar. For my first time making 3 bean salad it came out perfect. Thank you!