Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Got a crowd to feed here is a good recipe !! Take this to your next large gathering.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cut wax beans, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups thin sliced onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- soy sauce, if desired
- In large bowl.
- combine beans, onions, and green pepper.
- in small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, celery salt, salt, pepper and soy.
- Pour dressing over beans and mix lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
I, myself, found it to be too salty, but everyone at the picnic loved it. I only used 1T. of pepper and next time I would cut down on the celery salt.