Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Vinegar and Sugar based 3 Bean Salad....sweet and sour elements....and is my Grandmother's Original Recipe :)
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow wax beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Drain Beans and mix all ingredients in big bowl and best to let sit for at least 6 hours to chill and merry.
This recipe is the same one my mother used to make! I think the recipe was very popular in the 60's and early 70's. It is refreshing and has good texture and the color is pleasing to the eye. It is one of the salads that was always in the refrigerator. Be sure to rinse the kidney beans.
This is a good basic bean salad. We went ahead and added onions because we are used to them in our bean salad. Made for PAC Spring 2014.