Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful dish for a cool fall or winter day. I also bring it to potlucks. Very tasty and hearty.
- 1 lb hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Mix all of the ingredients and bake for 1 hour in a 350°F oven.
- Or better yet mix in a crock pot and let simmer on low for 8 hours.
This is a very good pot of beans. More than just a pot of beans. This was a one dish meal. I did bake them in the oven, and they were wonderful. Next time I do them, I will use the crockpot, just for a test. The dish was full bodied, and very tasty, and filling. The flavors of the catsup and brown sugar and mustard all haromonized for a sweet tartness. I served these beans with corn muffins. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.