Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been making this chili for years. I'd like to think its pretty amazing. Give it a try, and see for yourself!
- 1 cup dried black beans
- 1 cup dried kidney beans
- 1 cup dried great northern beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can kernel corn, do not drain
- 2 cups V8 vegetable juice (regular or spicy)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- wash and sort beans, and soak overnight,.
- brown meat with garlic and onion, add to crock pot.
- combine rest of ingredients except hot pepper sauce.
- cook 6-12 hours on low setting, stirring every hour or so, adding water if necessary. when done, add hot pepper sauce to your liking.
- serve with cornbread.