Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This came from taste of home/weeknight cooking made easy
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato (not packed in oil)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup dark beer
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- In a dutch oven, saute the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in oil until crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes, beans, beer, chili powder and cocoa.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Serve with cheese.