Recipe by Madson7
A wonderful bean dish that always gets gobbled up. I usually triple this recipe when I make it.
Top Review by lauralie41
For our taste I made a few changes to this recipe. I used 1 pound of ground chuck instead of 1/2, added 2 cloves of garlic, drained the beans, did not add the 1/2 cup sugar, and added 2 tablespoons of tomato paste. The white sugar would have made this really too sweet for us and the tomato paste added a deeper smoky type flavor. Sprinkled bacon bits on top while baking and served with crusty bread. Thank you Madson for a nice lunch!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine cooked bacon, hamburger, onion, kidney beans, pork and beans and butter beans.
- Mix together brown and white sugar, ketchup, molasses and dry mustard. Combine this mixture with the beans.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.