Recipe by MissTinkJordan
This is for people who like things a little spicy
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
My family LOVED this BBQ pork, and actually said they like it even better than my own recipe! LOL We'll definitely be making it again in the future. I backed off slightly on the hot stuff (they're all in there, just a little less of each) since my 5 year old is still developing her spicy side, but otherwise made as directed. I used original Sweet Baby Ray's, as we only use this brand when needed too. The flavor of this recipe was amazing and everyone completely stuffed their faces with these sandwiches. I used sourdough rolls that I split open, brushed the insides with melted butter and minced garlic, then put under the broiler for a few minutes. Delicious! Thanks so much for sharing, Tink! Made & enjoyed during Fall 2011 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=363796
- 1814.36 g pork butt
- 2 (1020.58 g) bottle barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays only )
- 236.59 ml prepared mustard
- 78.07 ml red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 29.58-59.16 ml hot sauce
- 14.79 ml salt and pepper
- 1.23-4.92 ml liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- In the crock pot place the roast and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Place it in there on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour then add the BBQ sauce mustard, onion and pepper flakes.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the pork easily shreds apart.
- Baste the inside of the buns you intend to serve them on with a generous amount of sauce from the crock pot.