Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is for people who like things a little spicy
- 1814.36 g pork butt
- 2 (1020.58 g) bottle barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays only )
- 236.59 ml prepared mustard
- 78.07 ml red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 29.58-59.16 ml hot sauce
- 14.79 ml salt and pepper
- 1.23-4.92 ml liquid smoke
- In the crock pot place the roast and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Place it in there on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour then add the BBQ sauce mustard, onion and pepper flakes.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the pork easily shreds apart.
- Baste the inside of the buns you intend to serve them on with a generous amount of sauce from the crock pot.
My family LOVED this BBQ pork, and actually said they like it even better than my own recipe! LOL We'll definitely be making it again in the future. I backed off slightly on the hot stuff (they're all in there, just a little less of each) since my 5 year old is still developing her spicy side, but otherwise made as directed. I used original Sweet Baby Ray's, as we only use this brand when needed too. The flavor of this recipe was amazing and everyone completely stuffed their faces with these sandwiches. I used sourdough rolls that I split open, brushed the insides with melted butter and minced garlic, then put under the broiler for a few minutes. Delicious! Thanks so much for sharing, Tink! Made & enjoyed during Fall 2011 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=363796