Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very tasty dish. Make sure you get large shrimp so once they cook they don't cook down to itty bitty bites.
- 1 1⁄2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- canola oil, to cook
- Mix vinegar, soy sauce and sugar together until dissolved.
- In a lighly oiled saute pan over high heat, sear shrimp until just turning pink& season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, ginger, and saute until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add vinegar mixture, and add tomatoes and simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/2.
- Add 2 Tablespoons butter and whisk inches Serve on top of rice or mashed potatoes.
They serve this on mashed potatoes at the Walnut Room in Chicago--it is SO GOOD! Thank you SO MUCH for posting---I will be definitely trying this at home, but alas, w/o the walnut paneling and chandeliers! :(