Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is a very tasty dish. Make sure you get large shrimp so once they cook they don't cook down to itty bitty bites.
Top Review by Sheepie87
They serve this on mashed potatoes at the Walnut Room in Chicago--it is SO GOOD! Thank you SO MUCH for posting---I will be definitely trying this at home, but alas, w/o the walnut paneling and chandeliers! :(
- 1 1⁄2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- canola oil, to cook
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix vinegar, soy sauce and sugar together until dissolved.
- In a lighly oiled saute pan over high heat, sear shrimp until just turning pink& season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, ginger, and saute until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add vinegar mixture, and add tomatoes and simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/2.
- Add 2 Tablespoons butter and whisk inches Serve on top of rice or mashed potatoes.