Recipe by PICCO
The easiest, best tasting roast beef ever! It's as simple as that. Enjoy, the smell of it cooking will drive you crazy!
Top Review by Lyssie71
Easy recipe. Needs a bit of tweaking. We used venison instead of beef, and there was NO trace of any gamey taste whatsoever. I think, next time (and there WILL be a next time!) we'll cut down on the broth a little. It was just a little too soupy for us. We ended up serving it over medium egg noodles for a soup/stew type effect. We took Picco's suggestion and added onions and garlic. It had a wonderful taste, though. Thank you for sharing!!
- 4 -5 lbs roast beef, any cut
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 (355 ml) can Pepsi
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the broth, soup mix and the Pepsi in the crock pot and stir to mix.
- Add the roast and cook on low for @ 5-7 hours.
- Turn occasionally.
- This is the basic recipe.
- I usually add crushed garlic and chopped onions.
- If you leave the roast for 7 hours, you will get a "pulled beef", just shred it with a fork, awesome on buns.
- You can also remove the roast after @3 hours and slice the roast and then return the slices to the crock pot for @3 more hours, roast beef fit for company!