Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
The easiest, best tasting roast beef ever! It's as simple as that. Enjoy, the smell of it cooking will drive you crazy!
- 4 -5 lbs roast beef, any cut
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 (355 ml) can Pepsi
- Mix the broth, soup mix and the Pepsi in the crock pot and stir to mix.
- Add the roast and cook on low for @ 5-7 hours.
- Turn occasionally.
- This is the basic recipe.
- I usually add crushed garlic and chopped onions.
- If you leave the roast for 7 hours, you will get a "pulled beef", just shred it with a fork, awesome on buns.
- You can also remove the roast after @3 hours and slice the roast and then return the slices to the crock pot for @3 more hours, roast beef fit for company!
Easy recipe. Needs a bit of tweaking. We used venison instead of beef, and there was NO trace of any gamey taste whatsoever. I think, next time (and there WILL be a next time!) we'll cut down on the broth a little. It was just a little too soupy for us. We ended up serving it over medium egg noodles for a soup/stew type effect. We took Picco's suggestion and added onions and garlic. It had a wonderful taste, though. Thank you for sharing!!
Loved this recipe. Was so easy and had a great taste.