Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this on a "copycat" site. It is great.
- 3 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (4 cup) package Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Make cornbread according to box instructions.
- Add drained chilies and cheese to batter.
- Pour in 9x13 greased baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with butter, if desired.
Easy to make - freezes well and is delicious. I made this for a church supper and it was widely acclaimed as delicious. My Louisiana born and bred husband also loves it - and he generally sticks up his nose at anything other than skillet cornbread. I make this often now (in liue of skillet cornbread) and serve half and freeze the other half - terrific!