Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Chicken, Broccoli, Carrots, and more in a wonderful lasagne with Alfredo sauce. Add some provolone in between the layers for added 'Italian' flavor! If you use reduced-fat alfredo sauce, and low carb pasta, this will fit into a Lite-Bleu menu. All Lite-Bleu recipes are complete meals that we designed for our weight loss diet or recipes that can be prepared for it. Be sure and use low fat alfredo sauce. All Lite-Bleu recipes are complete meals that we designed for our weight loss diet. Please visit our homepage for more info.
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cubed small (or shredded)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (roasted works nicely)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce, Real Alfredo Sauce recommended
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut small and steamed
- 1 cup carrot, cut into small cubes and steamed
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers, drained well and chopped
- 12 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
Other Ingredients Needed
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce, Real Alfredo Sauce recommended (in addition to the meat layer sauce)
- 1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles, cooked and drained well (dry by pressing between paper towels)
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- Spray non-stick cooking spray in a large skillet. Saute' chicken with garlic, onions, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until done.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. and one 16 oz jar of alfredo sauce; set aside. Mix together steamed broccoli, carrots, and roasted red peppers; set aside. In a medium bowl mix ricotta and mozzarella cheese, parsley, and egg Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Pour 1/2 of the remaining jar of alfredo sauce in bottom of a deep 9x13-inch casserole dish, spreading out evenly.
- LAYER AS FOLLOWS: 1/3 cooked lasagne noodles. 1/2 ricotta/mozzarella cheese mixture. 1/2 chicken mixture. 1/2 vegetable mixture. Repeat.
- Finally, top with remaining pasta and 1/2 jar of alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for about 1 hour. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
This is the best lasagna I have ever had! I left out the carrots but followed everything else exactly. It was a little expensive and time consuming but so worth it for my fiance's birthday dinner. Even my 8 year old picky daughter liked this and she is a chicken nugget/pizza kinda kid! The alfredo recipe that was recommended was also awesome and I will definitely keep that one! I am very happy I tried this, thanks!
I Made this for my family....some of them are picky eaters..everyone loved it!! Its a good way to get the kids to eat vegtables!
Wow! We all loved this! I made exactly as written, including the suggested Recipe #286002. We will definately make this again! [Made for PRMR]