1/1 Photo of 2bleu's Sweet Thai Chili Sauce (Super Easy)
We have an abundance of peppers (of all sorts) growing wonderfully in our garden, so I came up with this wonderful medium heat level sauce (adjustable) that went great as an accompiment with our broiled cod fish fillets. Use it for any recipe calling for Thai chili sauce. Also great as a warm drizzle over a light salad (or how about over ice cream?). This is also a great canning or OAMC recipe! Great for gift giving/gift baskets. Recipe doubles, triples, etc. quite easily, just needing longer time to reduce down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 fresh Thai chiles, Dragon's eye, stems cut off and seeded (adjust seeds to your heat liking)
- 2 serrano peppers, chopped (seeded if desired, or jalapeno)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (or peanut oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, slices
- red food coloring (optional)
- 1To a small saucepan, add all ingredients and stir to combine. Heat and gently simmer over med-low heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half or when it is the consistency of a thick maple syrup, about 15-20 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it does not overcook or burn.
- 2Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then use an immulsion blender or a mini food processor to chop everything up 'fine'. (you can also do this halfway thru the cooking process, then again at the end of cooking). If using, add food coloring to show level of heat (dark red being very hot).
- 3Serve warm over fish, pork, chicken, vegetables, etc. Cover and refrigerate any extra. It will last 6 months or more in the fridge. This will get hotter the longer it is stored!
- 4CANNING: PLEASE follow your canning booklet for sterilization instructions. Using 4 oz jars (a little sauce goes a long way), hot pack in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Stored, it should last up to 2 years.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2bleu's Sweet Thai Chili Sauce (Super Easy)
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 298.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g