1/1 Photo of 2bleu's Lemony Rice With Peas (Risi E Bisi)
This side dish is a light, refreshing, and a wonderful accompiniment to broiled fish or meat. It is also a great use of leftovers. You can vary the nuts from walnuts, to pecans, pine nuts or even sunflower seeds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1 cup peas, cooked (frozen or shelled fresh)
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted and chopped fine (optional)
- 1Heat butter and oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add all but 2 tablespoons green onions; sauté 30 seconds.
- 2Add rice and sauté until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add peas, lemon juice, zest, parsley, and salt and pepper. Sauté 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- 4Garnish with remaining green onions and optional chopped walnuts and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2bleu's Lemony Rice With Peas (Risi E Bisi)
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 32.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g