This side dish is a light, refreshing, and a wonderful accompiniment to broiled fish or meat. It is also a great use of leftovers. You can vary the nuts from walnuts, to pecans, pine nuts or even sunflower seeds.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1 cup peas, cooked (frozen or shelled fresh)
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted and chopped fine (optional)
- Heat butter and oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add all but 2 tablespoons green onions; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add rice and sauté until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Add peas, lemon juice, zest, parsley, and salt and pepper. Sauté 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and optional chopped walnuts and serve immediately.