Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great condiment perfect for roast beef or warm grilled chicken... at the table or on a sandwich! This keeps about a month in your fridge. :)
- 1 large bulb of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 300°F Leaving the paper on, cut off the top of the the garlic bulbs horizontally, just enough to expose the cloves.
- Place the garlic cut-side up onto a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle top with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Seal up the bulb in the foil, place in a baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow garlic to cool, then squeeze the cloves from their peel into a clean bowl.
- Using the tines of a fork, mash the cloves and mix with the mayonnaise and horseradish, mixing well. Will keep for a week or two in the fridge.
There is absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be a constant fixture in everybodys fridge.It's so yummy and so versatile-the possibilities are endless.So far we've used it as a dip for breaded chicken goujons,and as a spread in sandwiches.All totally delicious.We're going to try it on burgers next,I think it will be awesome.Thanks Bird and Buddha.
Delicious on toasted sourdough bread! I haven't used horseradish in awhile, and it was so good. Thanks! Made for the Please Review My Recipe game.