1/2 Photos of 2bleu's Apple Blossoms (Chudleigh's Copycat)
This is our version of Chudleigh's Apple Blossoms. Nothing beats theirs, but this is a good 2nd choice if you can't get them. Freezes well for OAMC so feel free to double the recipe and make some for another day. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and cubed small (northern spy or Granny Smith)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- 2FILLING: mix all filling ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3CARAMEL: Heat caramel ingredients over medium heat; Bring to boil, stirring constantly; Let boil for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 4DOUGH: Mix the flour and oil together in a bowl, and mix in just sufficient cold water to make a firm (but not sticky) dough. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Then roll out each into a 5-6" disc.
- 5ASSEMBLY: Place 1/8th of apple filling onto center of each dough round. Fold up edges of dough up towards the center, making a cup around the filling (you could use a jumbo muffin tin for this too). Brush with eggwash.
- 6To each blossom, sprinkle 1 tsp of rolled oats followed by a drizzle of caramel topping into tops of apple filling. Follow with a light sprinkle all over with sugar in the raw.
- 7Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2bleu's Apple Blossoms (Chudleigh's Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (1366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 366.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g