Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my DIL. Perfect for a cold, winter night!
Make and share this 27 Ingredient Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dry pinto beans (may use canned)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs chopped sirloin
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 lb) can baked beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos
- 2 (30 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 -4 tablespoons chili powder, to taste
- grated orange peel
- 1 pint sour cream
- Wash and drain pinto beans; place in stockpot, cover with water and let soak overnight. The next day, bring water to boil, lower heat and simmer 1 1/2 to 3 hours, or until beans are tender, drain. (if you use canned beans, omit these two steps).
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add onions chilis and garlic. Saute until onions are soft. Add chopped sirloin and cook over moderate heat until meat is brown.
- In seperate pan, brown sausage and pour off fat. Add sausage to meat mixture. Sprinkle with flour and stir to blend, then transfer to Dutch oven or 8-quart kettle. Add pinto and baked beans and all remaining ingredients, except sour cream; bring just to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer about 30 minutes. Skim off fat with a cold spoon as it rises to the tp. Serve with sour cream.