This comes from a great book called A Passion For Baking by Marcy Goldman.She says the name came from how many people downloaded the recipe from the web site in one hour.I can see why,these are amazing! I didn't have buttermilk,I used 1 1/4 cup milk with 1 tbsp lemon juice.Don't let the number of steps turn you away from the recipe,you'll regret it! :) Prep time doesn't include rise times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Generously spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray and place on a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a bowl,hand whisk water and yeast together and let stand 2 to 3 minutes to dissolve yeast.
- 3Briskly whisk in buttermilk,softened butter,sugar,salt,and most of flour.
- 4Knead with dough hook on lowest speed about 8 minutes,adding more flour as necessary to form a soft,smooth,elastic dough.
- 5Remove dough hook and spray dough with cooking spray.
- 6Cover entire mixer and bowl with a large clear plastic bag.
- 7Let rise until almost doubled,45-60 minutes.
- 8Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and gently deflate.
- 9Divide dough into 12 portions.
- 10Cut each portion into 3 chunks or balls and dip into melted butter.
- 11Place 3 chunks into each well of muffin pan.
- 12Drizzle any leftover butter over rolls.
- 13Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled in bulk,30-60 minutes.
- 14Preheat oven to 375F and bake 10 minutes.
- 15Then reduce temperature to 350F and bake until lightly browned,another 15-20 minutes.
- 16Cool in pan 10 minutes and then turn out to serve or cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2511 Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 498.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g