Recipe by SaraC
I always bring these cookies to my boyfriend's house whenever he invites me over. THEY ARE A HIT and the whole family loves them! Whenever they know I'm coming they always ask if I'm bringing my cookies. There is a story to these: There was a lady that went to a restaurant and had these cookies. She fell in love with them and asked the manager if she could have the recipe. He agreed and gave it to her and she charged her meal to her card. She got her credit card bill and saw that the recipe for those awesome cookies were $250. She was mad at the restaurant and made sure that she got use out of the recipe by sending it to every church cook book and website she could find.
Top Review by Potluck
My nieghbor gave me this recipe.I halved the recipe,makes 65 cookies exactly .My nieghbors recipe used 8oz hershey. I used hershey kisses left over from? ,put them in the food processor and chopped into small pieces.Also used the processor for oatmeal and ground into a fine powder..I did not refrigerate...Put I did pam spray the cookie sheets.Used my cookie scoop....Took longer than 6minutes,more like 10-12. But my oven temp could be off alittle..My DH doesnt like alot of choclate chips in cookies..When I make cookies he says they are called chocolate chip cookies,(meaning 1 chip per cookie) but he liked this recipe. I think it was the oat flour ,gives the cookie a almost healthy flavor...I will make these again...Well,worth making...
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups blended oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) grated Hershey chocolate candy bars
- 3 cups chopped nuts
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 24 ounces hershy's semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- *Blended Oatmeal: measure and blend in a blender to fine powder.
- Cream butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Add chips, candy, and nuts.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 an hour.
- Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 minute at 375 degrees.