Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This take on a cold veggie salad is topped with a creamy orange dressing.
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup radish, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- Place salad greens in a clear 3 quart straight-sided bowl or souffle dish. Peel carrot. Using vegetable peeler, cut carrot into long ribbons. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise: seed and slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Layer ingredients on salad greens in the following order: carrot ribbons, mushrooms, cucumber and radish.
- For dressing: In a small bowl, combine mayo, yogurt, orange peel, crushed red pepper, and black pepper. Spread dressing over salad, sealing to edge of bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for 2-24 hours.
- To serve, garnish salad with green onion, olives and feta. Just before serving, toss to coat vegetables with dressing.