Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn (or spinach or your favorite lettuce)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (or some of each) or 1 cup broccoli floret (or some of each)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked, drained and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese (or ??) or 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (or ??)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- Place lettuce in the bottom of a bowl about 8 inches in diameter. If desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer mushrooms/broccoli. Then layer carrots.
- Arrange egg slices and bacon over vegetables.
- Top with 1/2 cup of cheese and the green onions.
- For the dressing, combine mayo, lemon juice and dillweed. Spread dressing over the top of salad, sealing to edge of bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and chill for 2-24 hours.
- Before serving, toss to coat the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with additional sliced green onion, bacon bits and or cheese if desired.