Recipe by lazyme
From Tempting Desserts, this sounds simple and like it would be a real kid pleaser.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, what a lovely treat. It does remind me of Ambrosia, which we adore, (one of the few things mom made well). I loved using the strawberries in this, it tasted just like strawberries and cream. I used a mixture of sour cream and cool whip. (dh likes cool whip I prefer the sour cream, so I mixed the two) It worked really well in the recipe, very flavorful. It was a little clumpy at first then smoothed itself out while resting in the fridge. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. I can't wait to make this for my granddaughter she is a strawberry monster. I know that she will enjoy this as much as we did. Made FYC Tag Game.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 5 strawberries, whole
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle strawberries with sugar and let stand 10 minutes.
- Fold marshmallows and sour cream into strawberry mixture.
- Add salt and mix gently.
- Place in a covered container and store in refrigerator overnight.
- To serve, spoon into individual serving dishes; garnish with a whole strawberry.
- Cool Whip may be substituted for sour cream.