Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom used to make this for picnics, family gatherings and Christmas day. It was always a hit and I miss mom making it. Mom always served it with ham or shredded beef sandwiches, or even swiss steak sandwiches, along with potato salad, chips and a drink.
- 453.59 g bag marshmallows
- 453.59 g can crushed pineapple, drained
- 113.39 g chopped pecans
- 4 egg yolks
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- Heat in a saucepan egg yolks, sugar, cream, lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil until thick.
- Mix in a large bowl: marshmallows, drained crush pineapple, and pecans.
- Add the cooled sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Put into a dish and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Serve cold.