Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A wonderful fruit salad that my Grandmother always made
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- green grapes (as many as you like) or bing cherry (as many as you like)
- 1 (16 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- coconut, to your liking
- Drain fruit well.
- In a bowl that can be covered, put fruit and marshmallows; carefully fold in sour cream.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Let stand in refrigerator 24 hours before serving.
I think this is the best tasting fruit salad I have had. I like to use the pineapple tibits moreso than the chunks, though.
We make this recipe every year for Thanksgiving. We make it with the pinapple chunks,mandrin oranges and we add whip cream omiting the grapes and coconut. Everyone loves it!
Wonderful tasting salad! A quick and easy make-ahead dish. It can be used as a side dish with the meal or as a dessert. Thanks Jacqueline, I will be making this over and over again. :-)