- 1 loaf jewish egg bread, crust removed (can also use Sheepherders, Sourdough, or any other hard bread)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 lb longhorn cheese, grated
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chunk the bread and place in a well greased casserole dish. Pour melted butter over the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over top, creamcheese first.
- Beat the remaining ingredients together and pour over bread.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Bake, covered, at 325 for 60-75 minutes. Uncover for the last 10 minutes.
- Variations: Sprinkle cooked, crumbled bacon or sausage on top before pouring the egg mixture. Can also add favorite veggies.