Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe is from "Any Blonde Can Cook."
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 lb bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Place 3 cups lettuce in bottom of large glass bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Layer eggs over lettuce.
- Layer peas, remaining lettuce, bacon, and cheese.
- Spread mayonnaise over top.
- Chill for 24 to 48 hours.
- Garnish with green onions.
I made this for Christmas dinner. It was a nice lighter salad to compliment the heavier foods we all make at holiday times. Thanks for sharing.