Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I made this many years ago for the first time (as a teenager). I like to bring this to potlucks/picnics because it makes a lot and tastes great with summer cuisine.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagesmall shaped pasta
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits (drain and reserve juice)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup drained fruit cocktail (reserve juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (16 ounce) package colored miniature marshmallows
- Cook macaroni per package directions to al dente; drain, rinse and cool.
- Combine juice of fruit cocktail, lemon, 2 cups pineapple juice, eggs, flour and salt.
- Boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Pour this mixture over the cooled pasta, stir, and store covered in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, add pineapple tidbits, fruit cocktail, Cool Whip and marshmallows.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
I made this for Easter and it was very good! It made a very large bowl, after dinner everyone took some home even they liked it so well.