Recipe by RSL
This is a wonderful salad that is easily adaptable, and can be served as a salad with a holiday meal or as a dessert. The original recipe called for canned fruit cocktail, but I have modified it from that. I'm also allergic to pineapple, so I either pick it out or substitute more of the other fruits instead. All the fruits are really to taste. I could eat myself sick on this stuff, it is so good.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great fruit salad!! Loved the thick 'custard' mix and the combo of fruit. I didn't have red grapes so doubled the green. Made for a brunch and everyone loved it. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained DRY (very important)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained DRY
- 1 cup green grape, halved
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallows
- The canned fruit needs to be completely dry, so recommend starting this 2 days in advance - draining the fruit overnight on the first day.
- On the day before you need the salad, whip the cream. You can sweeten it with a bit of sugar if desired, but it's not needed.
- Mix the pudding mix and milk together until thick.
- Fold the whipped cream and pudding together.
- Fold the fruits and marshmallows into the cream and pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight.