Recipe by Latchy
I haven't made this, it comes from The Best from South Caroliner Cookbook, which I received in a swap. I don't even have a crock pot, but this does look really good and I know some of you are always looking for crock pot recipes. Leftovers will freeze. Good with coleslaw and corn on the cob.
Top Review by CaramelPie
My family and I really liked this. It was super easy to make, and is a keeper. I will be making it again and again. The only thing I might do differently is to add the BBQ sauce when I'm about to eat it, as that's the way we're used to serving pork BBQ. Thanks, Latchy.
- 2 medium onions
- 4 -5 lbs boston butt
- 2 cups water
- 6 cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 10 drops Tabasco sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before serving, put 1 sliced onion in crock pot.
- Add meat, water and cloves.
- Top with 1 sliced onion.
- Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours, or until the meat falls off the bone.
- Drain contents of crock pot in a colander.
- Remove bone and fat from meat.
- Discard onions and cloves.
- Return meat to crock pot.
- Add chopped onion, barbecue sauce and Tabasco pepper sauce.
- Cover and cook remainder of day on low, or 1-3 hours on high.
- Serve on warm buns.