Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
On one of my many cookbook /recipe searches , I found a cookbook called Americana Cookery. I liked the name , but I loved some of the recipes in it even more. Thought I might place some of them here for safe keeping and to share
- Shred cabbage, dice onion, chop green pepper, slice olives,
- Combine cabbage, onion, green pepper, and olives in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar, toss well to mix.
- Combine salad oil, vinegar, salt, celery seed, and mustard in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 3 min, stirring constantly.
- Pour over vegetable mixture, toss to mix well.
- Cover bowl tightly.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.