Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Don't worry, this brisket isn't as hard as it sounds, though it does cook for 24 hours in the oven. Perfect for a dinner party or holiday. Smells sooo good in the oven.
- 5 lbs boneless beef brisket, pre-trimmed
- 1 -2 cup strong coffee
- 2 cups ketchup
- 10 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons knorr swiss aromat seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Place brisket in baking dish, fat side up.
- Pour coffee over brisket, seal or cover and bake for 24 hours.
- Remove from oven, scrape off fat and throw away. Throw away all liquids and fat products from pan. Mix sauce and pour over top of brisket and bake for one more hour.
- Let cool, and enjoy :].
- To freeze: Place in a rigid container and freeze.
- To heat: Reheat in a microwave on high until heated through for a quick meal!
This recipe is super easy and delicious!!! Got rave reviews from my guests at a dinner gathering. Was cooked to perfection! We served it on rolls with a variety of sauces - hot and mild BBQ, Horseradish sauce and a tangy Mustard sauce. YUM!
This recipe is so wonderful. It always comes out great! You can also turn the heat to 350 and cook it for closer to 12 hours for time purposes.
OMG, this is the tastiest brisket I have ever eaten (and we eat plenty of brisket in Texas). I followed the recipe exactly except for the Knorr Swiss Aromat. I couldn't find it, so I used Tony Chachere's instead--LOL. It was so easy and being able to remove all the fat made it perfect. The meat just fell apart--YUM. I divided it up and froze it in individual servings. Makes for a great quick lunch on a buttered toasted bun with dill pickle slices--just microwave and chop. Oh, I also made an extra recipe of the sauce--half in the fridge and half in the freezer--so I don't ever run out.