21st Street Pan Bagna Rolls
- Dissolve yeast with warm water and add the sugar. Let this sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead for 10 minutes.
- Cover and let rise for about 45 minutes.
- Punch down and let rest for 5 minutes. Divide into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a round shape about 9 inches around. Fold edges into the center and pinch into the center.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with a pan of hot water in the floor of the oven.
- Place on a baking sheet and let rise for 1 hour then bake for 10 minutes. Turn the heat down to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and wrap in a towel for a few minutes to steam.