Recipe by kirsten.regan
From Semi-Homeade cookbook by Sandra Lee
Top Review by loof
These are very tasty, very huge burgers! I loved the sauted celery in this and the flavor that the au jus mix gave. We grilled these instead of frying and really enjoyed - thanks for posting the recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix
- 4 toasted buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet saute celery in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Remove celery and let cool.
- In bowl, combine sirloin, bread crumbs, au jus, and celery. Form in to 4 patties.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet. Place patties in skillet and cook 2-3 minutes or until bron on one side. Flip patties and place in oven. Cook for 12-15 minutes for medium doneness. Place on buns.