Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
this recipe comes from the u.s. history cookbook!
- wash & peel the carrots.
- fill the saucepan 1/2 full with water. place on medium-high heat to boil.
- meanwhile,using the paring knife and cutting board,slice the carrots into 1/4 inch slices.
- boil the carrots for 10 minutes.
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees farenhight.
- drain the carrots into a colander,then place them into a baking dish. place teaspoons of margarine or butter evenly over the carrots. then,crumble the cornflakes over the carrots. sprinkle with salt.
- bake for 10 minutes. use oven mitts to remove from the oven.
- serve warm.